Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 recap...continued

August 2009: I took the bar exam at the end of July, and then spent the first few weeks of August relaxing & spending time with friends in Dallas. While I was in New Zealand, I found out that I could defer my start date at Weil, Gotshal & Manges in Dallas until January 2011! I decided this was a once in a life-time opportunity. So I officially became a nomad mid-August when I moved out of my apartment in Dallas & put (almost) everything in storage. I spent the remainder of 2009 (and will spend 2010) doing pro-bono work and traveling. I began pro-bono work with MANA (Mother Administered Nutritive Aid) in mid-August. http://mananutrition.org/ MANA is a non-profit organization working to fight malnutrition in Africa. I am also working with the Kibo Group International. http://www.kibogroup.org/ Kibo is aimed at developing creative partnerships & solutions for sustainable African development.

September 2009: In September, I took off a few weeks from my work with MANA to take a "post-bar exam" trip to Europe. I spent 2 weeks traveling through
Italy, Spain & France. Of course, Italy was my fav & where I spent most of my time...I hit Rome, Florence (with a trip to the Villa-where I studied for a semester when I was at Harding), Cinque Terre, Lake Como & Venice. Then I spent a few days in Barcelona and a few days in Paris before heading back to the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment