Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Recap of 2009...a year full of blessings!



I thought I'd start my blog with a recap of 2009...it was a great year of many blessings & travels!

January 2009: I spent my last semester of law school studying in
Melbourne, Australia & Christchurch, New Zealand. After working full-time for most of law school, this was a great way to spend my final semester. It was by far the most laid-back, relaxing semester of school! Mom came over with me for 2 weeks & we traveled to Sydney & the Great Barrier Reef before my classes started in Melbourne. I did learn some Australia law, in between hikes up mountains in Tasmania (I hiked the mountain the picture above), camping under trees of koalas, and surfing lessons.

March 2009: After 2 great months of studying & traveling through Australia, I headed to New Zealand. I spent another fabulous 2 months studying in Christchurch & traveling all aro
und NZ. Besides learning NZ law, I also learned how to drive a
stick-shift ("Auto Annie") on the left side of the road! I traveled around the NZ with friends in "Auto Annie" doing amazing things such as hiking glaciers. After my last final exams (EVER...unless I decide to go back to school again), Dad came over and we traveled the South Island in "Auto-Annie". The Kiwis & Aussies are some of the most welcoming & laid-back people I have ever met!








May 2009: I returned from New Zealand just in time for SMU graduation. I was so blessed to have my family & friends come to Dallas for my graduation. Dad, Mom, Grandma, my sister Jenni, my brother Matt & sis-in-law Laura all came. My best friend (since birth!) Laurie surprised me & flew in from Denver. What a great graduation present! Brandie & Jonathan Reynolds, two of my friends from Harding, also came. It
was special to have them there because they were visiting me the weekend before I started law school & helped me carry the TONS of books I had to buy! Unfortunately, reality set in after that weekend....I started Barbri (bar exam review) classes the following week. It took a bit of adjustment to sit in Eddy Dean's Ranch and listen to law lectures May-July, after studying 4 months in Australia & NZ. Thus, May-July were pretty uneventful...spent most of my time studying for the bar exam.

3 comments:

  1. wow, natalie!! i was clueless about all your travels and CONGRATS on finishing law school! you are my hero! i hope to keep up with you now through your blog and facebook! : )Lori Mycoskie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori-Thanks! I'm so glad I found you on facebook! I just started the blog, so hopefully I will keep it going. I'm going to Africa for a few months and hope to keep everyone updated through my blog. Btw...I looked at some of our pictures on facebook...Colt is adorable! We must get together and catch up when I'm back in Dallas next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing you were to me while on the SMU Law Review. I will always remember you as a precious Christian young lady that I could really talk to and enjoyed every minute of. I wish you all the best in your travels and look forward to seeing you when you return.

    Sharon J.

    ReplyDelete